The IT Support Technician III’s scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of basic hardware and some software support and maintenance. This position will also specialize in hardware and software relevant to the department or unit, and manage area or unit IT projects in support of business operations.
With limited supervision by management and/or project leads:
- Provides technical guidance to management regarding capital replacement, and other technology purchases and evaluations.
- Troubleshoots primarily hardware, some software, or some system problems, interfacing with central technology support areas.
- Performs technical duties necessary for department or unit business operations.
- Works independently on:
- Primarily department or unit hardware and some software support and maintenance, including, but not limited to, desktops, printers, lab equipment, etc.
- Technical projects.
- Specializes in advanced technology relevant to the department or unit.
- Adheres to all appropriate institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Advanced analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
- Advanced technology hardware and software competency.
- Training in advanced hardware and software support through education or experience.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Advanced Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Technical Certifications
- Advanced level of analytical skills including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem-solving
- Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com; enter via STAFF portal & search for req#ID17897
- Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2NhmtKR
- Required Attachments: Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional/Personal References
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806-742-3851
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX (79409)