Supports the program director by performing administrative duties related to planning, directing and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the program.
- Oversee the production of the SoM TTU/MusicHub and iMuse Academy academic and summer seasons, contribute to the 100th Anniversary celebration, and oversee band, orchestra and choir camps each summer, including all agreements with outside partners, stakeholders, and personnel. Hire train, onboard mentor, and evaluate staff members and create accountability measures (including employee handbooks) while actively addressing concerns and creating a safe, forward-thinking, and productive work environment.
- Serve as School of Music's representative for various community organizations and relationships relevant to the SoM Academy programs and projects. Oversee short-term operational and long-term strategic planning and implementation process.
- Support the planning, scheduling, management, and evaluation of a diverse array of activities in all performance venues, with a specific focus on the School of Music summer camps, a series of private and group lessons as well as short-term community and lifelong learning programs and projects.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on marketing, communication, sales strategies, and initiatives that maximize ticket sales and other earned revenue opportunities for the School of Music's specific projects that are within the MusicHub Coordinator's responsibility. Contribute to the annual report and other internal and external publications. Ensure the highest level of excellence in the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Develop and maintain fiscal responsibility for specific annual operational budgets and financial objectives and provide the most effective use of financial resources, working closely with the Director and the business manager.
- Ensure all School of Music's activities within the MusicHub Coordinator's responsibility adhere to contractual agreements, meet legal and ethical obligations, and are consistent with the organization's mission and values.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every stakeholder is treated with dignity and respect in a friendly and personal manner.
- Ensure settlements for all activities in the School of Music, and the MusicHub offerings are conducted in an efficient and timely manner, in support of the Director and the Business Manager.
- Initiate a partnership with a broad range of external stakeholders to ensure a vibrant season of activities.
- Provide support to best utilize the talents and resources of faculty members and stimulate community, local and regional involvement.
High school plus six years experience in related field. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com and enter via STAFF portal & search for REQ#ID 19050
- Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2IAuUfm
- Required Attachments: Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional/Personal References
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806-742-3851
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX (79409)