Manages a unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the unit. Represents the unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Monitors a continual and formal on-the-job training program designed to increase proficiency and effectiveness of all assigned personnel. Conducts safety inspections of assigned work centers.
- Establishes long and short range goals for assigned work center. Monitors and observes work site operation by periodic visits and direct management of major projects.
- Conducts periodic facility inspections to include supporting utility tunnel systems. Reviews new construction project plans and cost estimates. Assists Engineering Services & Facility Planning & Construction in project designs.
- Actively participates in administrative actions with work center foremen on personnel issues: a) Formally evaluates personnel performance; b) initiates disciplinary actions; c) initiates personnel actions; d) reviews personnel progression in the apprenticeship-training program and e) reviews and submits time and attendance reports.
- Attends directors' update briefings and other scheduled meetings and trainings as required to maintain skills and technical qualifications. Participates in emergency call-back on a rotating basis.
- Identifies and develops suggested Capital Improvement Program projects.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement philosophy of the Operations Division & complies with the OD Safety Program to include all safety and health rules, regulations and operating policies and procedures. Complies with all attendance policies and guidelines.
- Maintains and enforces professional personal appearance. Delegates and controls authority to plan, direct, control & coordinate assigned work center & personnel with guidelines established by TTU/OPs, PP/OPs and current published policies.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by Managing Director for Building Maintenance and Construction.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.
- EPA Certificate; minimum 10 years' experience in the environmental time & temperature control, electronic, refrigeration & mechanical maintenance field.
- Minimum 5 of the 10 years' experience in maintenance management of a technical field.
- Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com enter via STAFF portal & search for REQ# ID 18562
- Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2rMy0HT
- Required Attachments: Resume and Cover Letter
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806-742-3851
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX