Overview GENE MESSER FORD OF LUBBOCK
is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add qualified COLLISION REPAIR TECHNICIANS
to our team. In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance401(k) plan with company matchPaid Time-OffEmployee Stock Purchase PlanEmployee Vehicle Purchase ProgramProfessional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities Responsibilities
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Check parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed. Documents and additional parts and labor required to perform a satisfactory repair.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Check parts against estimate and ensure proper parts are ordered and received.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- One or more years related experience as a collision repair technician with heavy structural collision and frame experience.
- ICAR or ASE certifications in auto body repair, painting and estimating, a plus.
- Certificate from Vocational School in Collision a plus.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged vehicles including body work and when to replace or repair parts.
- Ability to read and following instructions on repair/estimate orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork- now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend. *All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment* Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.#LI-SB1
About this company
GENE MESSER AUTO GROUP is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates.
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX