Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy equipment and cranes in the central United States.
We are at the forefront of today’s construction industry growth and have several exciting job opportunities for talented, energized professionals across the region who want to join our #WeAre1KirbySmith family! Crane Service Manager Job Summary Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the service department. Oversees all branch service personnel. Advises and makes recommendations for changes or improvements to the VP of Product Support. Crane Service Manager Benefits * Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance * Paid time off and vacation* Short/Long Term Disability* Growth opportunities * Paid Training* Family owned and operated* Health and wellness * Above average industry payCrane Service Manager Responsibilities * Develop annual goals and objectives for the service department to include expected billings for labor based on sales estimates, rental contracts and equipment sales.
* Ensures the appropriate service is performed.
* Oversees product service managers and all branch service personnel; ensures all personnel actions are appropriate and timely, including performance reviews and disciplinary measures; fosters good employee morale by personal contact and timely follow-up on employee suggestions, issues/concerns.
* Provides that proper records, reports and procedures are established and followed concerning all service work.
* Controls time spent on servicing machines to ensure maximum efficiency & productivity.
* Ensures that necessary shop tools and equipment are available and maintained in good order.
* Organizes and/or conducts training programs and meetings for staff and customers, either as a company function or in conjunction with manufacturers’ service representatives.
* Periodically evaluates the performance of the service department against planned goals and objectives and adjusts accordingly.
* Works with sales department to evaluate used equipment for trade in; performs emergency service work as appropriate.
* Assists in transporting and set up of equipment at shows, exhibits, demonstrations, etc.
* Fosters good working relations with the Parts department and ensure proper procedures, records and reports are in order.
* Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of service vehicles, maintains the fleet in proper mechanical condition and supervises the economical use of vehicles in the performance of service work.
* Maintains and fosters good working relationships with manufacturers’ representatives.
* Engenders good inter-department relationships at the local branch as well as with other company facilities.
* Ensures service literature, instruction manuals, catalogues and factory communications are properly maintained and brought to the attention of service personnel as appropriate.
* Acquires and maintains knowledge of all warranty programs of various manufacturers and appropriately manage and facilitate warranty repairs as appropriate. * Actively supports and administers company policies and procedures as established.
* Actively monitors and oversees safety processes and procedures and promotes the safety to all service employees. Initiates measures as necessary to ensure maximum safety of service employees.Crane Service Manager Qualifications* High School or equivalent* Five years experience as a service technician* Two years as a lead man or service department supervisor* Formal training in management concepts and procedures, through colleges, workshops or seminarsWe are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX (79404)